Thursday, August 15, 2002

rods

Hey Rods!

How is everyone doing? Me, I’m doing very well. I am happy to report that I have now been unemployed for 3 months! The time just flew.

Lately I have been busting my ass working on the exterior of my house on North Ave that must be completed by October 1st. I have been working at least 4 hours a day and it is rough. I am quite tan also.

The main problem that I forsee for myself is that I have basically 2 weeks to finish the house, since I am going to Europe again. Yes, in case you have not heard, I am traveling to Europe from September 3-19th with Myron Kraus. I am unsure where exactly we are traveling, but I would appreciate your ideas of where to go.

All I know is that I am flying into London. By the way I got my round trip ticket on Priceline from Ohare to London for a grand total of $278 including taxes, etc. This means that all of you jackasses can afford to join me for at least part of the trip.

Since I have reached 3 months of unemployment, I realized that I only have 3 months left of free money. This means I will most likely have to give in and get a job like you suckers. So I have to decide on a career or just a job. I have had some thoughts and opportunities arise. I could simply be a bartender (Joey Buona’s, The Lodge or Magilicuddy’s), a bouncer (Rosies, Magilicuddy’s or the Lodge), or a waiter (at Melanec’s Wheelhouse Dinner Theatre). All of these jobs have only one advantage—meeting women, and one disadvantage—having to work. But I am also thinking of a few other careers. Like being a rock singer, or documentary filmmaker, or a talk show host like Conan O’Brian or Letterman in the early days. Or a world travelling journalist. Or I could always go back to school or buy a bar.

I am leaning most toward talk show host, even if I have to host a show like the Pat Sajak show or the Martin Short show or the show that had the ugly cosby girl hosting. Or even like the best show ever—the Howie Mandel show.

Anyways, I am taking your votes for my new career. I will put together a top ten list from you gays and then I will pick one.

So Long.

dave

No comments:

Post a Comment