Sunday, November 17, 2002

one last night

Greetings. It is 11:15pm on Sunday, November 17th. Exactly six months and two days ago I quit my job. In exactly ten hours my unemployment comes to an end, along with my fun. So as you read this in your cubicle on Monday morning, you can all have the satisfaction knowing that I am doing the same.

With this new job thing going on, my life will have to change dramatically. I now have to spend 8 hours of every day (that is one third of the day) in one building working for the man. So I have to make some adjustments.

After my training I will have to begin working at 8 a.m., and I will have to wake up around 6:30 or so. I am not even sure if 6:30 a.m. actually exists. I have absolutely no way to prove that 6:30 or even 8 exists because I have not seen it in 6 months. This means I need to plug in my dust-covered alarm clock that was used 4 times in the last half year (trip to san diego, trip to europe, job interview, court).

I also cannot get drunk on sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, or thursday. In addition, I cannot get drunk on any of those nights without consequences.

I can't sit around in my boxers until 3pm.
I can't watch 2 movies in a row at the theater at noon on tuesday.
I can't drive to missouri to meet yakov smirnoff on a whim.
I can't walk to my mom's house on a friday at 11am.
I will have to actually leave the ghetto.
OK, I could go on for hours but I will not.

Anyways, I am having a "Coming out of retirement party" for myself on Saturday night, December 7th. Since you are reading this, that means you are invited. Also bring your friends because it is an old school house party. We will provide plenty of liquor for those of you who are drunks. The official entertainment is TBA. Details will come when available.

In other news, I visited Oshkosh this weekend. Unfortunately I didn't see the villain, but I did get to see my little brother turn 21. It was bittersweet. On the one hand i am happy for him, but on the other hand, I am very old now when my little brother--whose birth I can remember-- will potentially be at the same bars as me. It was a fun night, and we even tricked a few girls into thinking I was Steve's father.

Well, it is time for me to get to bed, I have to work tomorrow.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment