Monday, September 23, 2002

I am back

What up rods?

As unfortunate as it is, I am back safe and sound in the usa. Not much has changed since I've been gone, except the weather is much colder and I no longer have a DVD player, DVDs or a camcorder. Yes, I was burglarized while I was gone by some assholes. BY THE WAY, JOHN AND STEVE DO NOT TELL MOM BECAUSE SHE WILL FLIP. These theives escaped with my entire DVD collection, most of which were gifts, including the Planet of the Apes 6 disc collection given to me by my dear brother John. DVD donations are now being accepted.

Thank you for your support in getting me back from the airport. The best souvenir happened to be a Fidel Castro punching puppet. Since the person who picked me up was not on this email list, the souvenir went to my roommate for driving me to the airport. Sorry kids.

Since I never got around to emailing you full updates from europe, I think I will share a memory or two every now and then. Like this one, for example. While in Zurich, Switzerland, on Sunday night, we were looking for a bar with the Packer Game. We found a bar with the 3:00 game showing, but needed to find the noon game (Packers). So we inquired at the bar and found a bunch of other Americans seeking the same game. So about 8 of us hiked a few blocks away to find a particular bar. Upon locating it, we realized they were only showing the same game. So most of the group left, leaving just Me, Myron and a 35 year old pilot from Wyoming.

He bought us both a beer and we had a seat. When I learned our single serving friend was a pilot, I naturally had many questions. My first was "OK, just tell me the honest truth--how hard is it, really, to fly a plane?" To this he replied, after a brief pause "...........It is totally fucking easy man. It is so fucking easy. It is harder to drive a car than it is to fly a plane. Oh my god is it easy." We then got him to admit that often times the pilots will be reading the newspaper in the cockpit, with the pages spread out so none of them can see anything but newsprint. In addition he finds the new bars on the cockpit helpful because it keeps out terrorists and those pesky flight attendants as well.

So relax next time you are on a plane, because the pilots have it under control as they read their porn.

Have fun at work, and watch out, because I might be joining you in a few weeks.

dave

No comments:

Post a Comment